Back in the 80's you could go to Gilley's and catch a show, do some dancing, ride the bull, and get an iced cold Gilley's Texas Premium Beer. It was brewed by our friends at the Spoetzel brewery, the folks who brew Shiner. Now we've partnered with No Label Brewing Co., in Katy, Texas. Today the beer is a smooth drinking blonde ale with a light crisp finish. You can find Gilley's beer throughout Texas at HEB, Total wine, Specs, and many more great establishments. If you're interested in trying it, you could ask the good folks at your local grocery store or favorite watering hole. Of course if you live outside the great state of Texas we do not yet have distribution but we hope to soon.
In the meantime check out our Gilley's shirts inspired by our great Gilley's Texas Blonde Ale.
We have some great beer merchandise to check out. From Gilley's beer can holders to drink cold Gilley's beer signs.
And when you're drinking a nice cold Gilley's beer what do you listen to? I've compiled a list of six songs that are perfect for the occasion of a having a few cold ones with some friends. A six pack of songs!
1. "Drinkin' Thing" by Gary Stewart. (This song was also recorded by Mr. Gilley himself.
2. "I think I'll Stay Here and Drink" by Merle Haggard.
3. "Hey Bartender" by our good friend Johnny Lee.
4. "You Never Even Called Me By My Name" by David Allen Coe.
5. "I like Beer" by Tom T Hall. (Of course.)
6. "Don't the Girls All Get Prettier at Closing Time" by Mickey Gilley.
Do you have any? Tell us your six pack of songs.